Relinquishing your parrot to All Star Parrots
Handing Over A Parrot Policy.
We know that sometimes people’s circumstance change. There are many reasons why you may no longer be able to keep your parrot. We are non-judgemental and will accept any parrot which we have room for and do all we can to help. We will require as much history about your parrot as possible. This will make it much easier for us to find them a new home. Due to the nature of our services we require evidence that the parrot is free of potential deadly diseases, we currently ask that you provide a negative test for PBFD prior to us accepting into the rescue.
The process for Relinquishing your parrot.
- When you contact us we will ask for the following information: Species, age, health history, temperament, food requirements. Anything else you can tell us about the background of the parrot. We can find the best home to look after them as well as possible whilst under assessment.
- Once receive, the parrot will be placed into a safe houses. Depending on the individual needs of the parrot and geographical locations. This may take a little longer to organise. In this situation we will keep in regular contact with you
- Once we have a space available we can arrange for the bird to be collected. If preferred you can take the bird to the foster safe house Please provide as much familiar items for the parrot to aid the emotions of a new home. We ask you to provide any paperwork also. We then ask you to complete a relinquish agreement.
Foster safe house
- The safe house will assess your parrot by our volunteer. Any changes to behaviour difficulties will be addressed as well as any dietary modifications. This will prepare the parrot to move to the final forever home. If your parrot becomes ill or injured during the safehouse period, we will ensure specialist avian veterinary care is provided and paid for by the charity. When they are ready for adoption, we will make their details available on our website and start our search to find them a loving new home. We will only rehome your parrot to a home that can meet all the individual needs.
- We will ask you to sign a disclaimer form which transfers responsibility for your parrot to All Star Parrots Rescue and Rehoming. After signing this disclaimer, you, your relatives or friends will no longer be able to claim ownership of the parrot. Should any relatives or friends wish to offer your pet a home they will need to follow our usual adoption policy procedures.
- Your details will remain confidential at all times and only essential information about the parrot concerned will be disclosed to future adopters.
Once your parrot moves to a forever home, again this home would of passed a home check. The adoptee would sign the adoption paperwork. The charity will still remain the owner of the bird. In the case of the bird no longer being able to stay in the adoption home. ( parrots live a long life and circumstances may change in the future ). The parrot has to be returned to the charity. A new home will be found. This protects your parrot for the rest of its natural life.
In you need to relinquish your parrot, please contact us