There are many different parrot species , and all are different in many ways.
If you are thinking of getting your first parrot, or another parrot to join your flock, then we highly recommend researching the different parrot species to make sure they are right for your family, and you are right for the species you are looking to adopt.
We have put together information and video clips for the popular species of parrot.
If you would like any advice, get in touch
Parrots found in North, Central and South Americans and Caribbean Islands (New World)
Parrots found in Africa (and nearby islands)
African Grey Parrots.
African Ringneck Parrots.
Parrots found in Australia
Budgies / Budgerigars.
(Australian) Ring-neck Parakeets.
Parrots found in New Zealand
Antipodes Island / Green Parakeets.
Antipodes Red-Fronted Parakeets.
Chatham Red-fronted Parakeets.
Kaka or Nestor Parrots.
Kakapo Parrots (Owl Parrots).
Parrots found in Asia
Bismarck’s Hanging Parrots.
Indian Ringneck Parrots.
King Parrots, Malabar Parakeets.
Parrots found in Melanesia (islands north/northeast of Australia.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)