REGISTERED CHARITY: 1176640
All Star Parrots Rescue and Rehoming are a non-profit making charity, we rely on the assistance of caring and hard-working volunteers.
The role of welfare officer can be found below and here at All Star Parrots, it’s all about parrot welfare firstly.
Volunteers serve a vital role within the charity at all levels and are very much valued. We can only assist birds in need with help from our trusted Welfare Officers
If you have never owned a parrot before, or are new to bird keeping do still get in touch.
We were all new to bird keeping once.
If you would like to be a welfare officer, please email
WHAT IS EXPECTED FROM OUR WELFARE OFFICERS
All Welfare Officers are expected to meet the role of our Safe Housing Officers Build healthy and strong relationships with partners, members of the public and other organisations in your own areas.
Ensure the public face of the charity is maintained at all times. Have knowledge of all current welfare regulations/restrictions in place both locally and nationally.
Keep up to date with changes to the law, legislation and regulations regarding welfare. Be an experienced carer of birds/parrots, have an in depth knowledge of all welfare needs, and promote the education, advice and support of these to the public.
Have an active role on the Facebook page, ensure any questions are answered appropriately, and informative discussions around care are posted Responsible for the maintenance and growth of a network of approved carers and homes in your own area(s). Ensuring regular contact and relationships are maintained.
Arrange and complete safe house checks for carers in your area in a reasonable time frame.
Complete required and up to date paperwork, ensuring correct processes are in place and communicated to the director.
Be responsible for collections and transportation of birds in your area and the safehouses.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)